Hansen family of six!

Hansen family of six!
Home with Emmi

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bad news and Good news.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, we have been battling Internet and e-mail issues, but all is well now.

Okay for the bad news: Haiti was hit bad by hurricane Hanna and is pretty much under water. The Creche where Emmi lives is in northern Haiti and they are safe. They were able to get some supplies to prepare. It saddens my heart to see a country so in need and then to be devastated by this. I can't imagine how they will pull out of this. And on a selfish note, I'm pretty sure it will be hard for paperwork to be moving right now. Sometimes I feel so useless, and then I remember I am called to pray. God knows and He cares.

Here is a link to some video of Haiti
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7597420.stm

So now for the good news! It was really hard not having e-mail or internet because that is my lifeline to Emmi. That is how they pretty much communicate to us, so it was killing me especially with the hurricanes. Then I got this amazing e-mail. One of the moms who visited the Creche last month got some great video of her son and Emmi giggling. It made my month! Enjoy!
http://kobeloudince.blogspot.com/2008/08/video-that-makes-me-smile-every-time.html

Here at home we are back to school, lots of new schedules and changes. I will update on everything soon.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support.

No comments: